IAHAIO Conference 19-21 June 2020, Poland – Postponed
Postponement of the IAHAIO conference
After careful consideration and evaluation of the current information and advice regarding the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, IAHAIO has decided to postpone its conference in Poland which was scheduled to take place 18-21 June 2020. We are working with our conference partner, SZL, to determine the exact date for the rescheduled conference and will announce this date in due course. People who have already registered for the conference will receive a refund of their fee. Please direct any queries to the IAHAIO Director.
The theme for this year’s conference is Animals in AAI: The Best Fit
The aims of the conference are:
- To explain how good animal welfare and well-being in AAI can be achieved across different species and settings
- To highlight how the best fit between animals and humans, taking into account animal cognition, emotions, personality and breed type in AAI can lead to good quality outcomes
- To share opportunities for education and training for dog handlers and volunteers working in AAI
- To share current trends and good practice in AAI in Europe
- To highlight needs of developing AAI programmes in Europe
- To share a new personality assessment tool for dogs working in AAI: PADA – Personality Assessment for Dogs in AAI
The conference will feature three expert plenary speakers, as well as a choice of special workshop sessions and 10 minute rapid oral presentations. In addition, several IAHAIO member organizations across Europe will give us insight into their work and latest developments.
The Call for Abstracts is now open.
We are thrilled to include in the registration a third day, featuring Adam Miklosi and his team presenting a new personality assessment for dogs in AAI (PADA).
This conference will be of interest to practitioners delivering AAI; AAI animal trainers; Researchers in AAI; IAHAIO members; AAI practitioners and researchers in Poland and wider Europe; managers of institutions, hospital staff and volunteers.
The cost to attend is 140 euros for IAHAIO members and 170 euros for non-IAHAIO members. This includes attendance on all 3 days as well as dinner on Saturday 20th June. We thank the Erasmus/PADA project for sponsoring the programme on Sunday 21st June.
We extend our thanks to CEVA and Nestle Purina for the support of this event.