The IAHAIO Events calendar provides details of HAI and AAI happenings around the world eg conferences, meetings, webinars etc. If you would like us to list an event that you are organising, please email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the listing of an event does not imply endorsement by IAHAIO and IAHAIO is not responsible for the content of any non-IAHAIO events.
- This event has passed.
IAHAIO Conference, 19-21 June 2020
June 19, 2020 @ 08:00 - June 21, 2020 @ 17:00
We are delighted to announce the details for our 2020 conference. It will be a joint event with IAHAIO member organization SZL and will take place 19-21 June at the Life Science University, Warsaw, Poland, ul. Ciszewskiego 8. The conference is run in partnership with Dyrebar Omsorg, Eötvös Loránd University.
The theme for this year’s conference is Animals in AAI: The Best Fit
The aims of the conference are:
- To explain how good animal welfare and well-being in AAI can be achieved across different species and settings
- To highlight how the best fit between animals and humans, taking into account animal cognition, emotions, personality and breed type in AAI can lead to good quality outcomes
- To share opportunities for education and training for dog handlers and volunteers working in AAI
- To share current trends and good practice in AAI in Europe
- To highlight needs of developing AAI programmes in Europe
- To share a new personality assessment tool for dogs working in AAI: PADA – Personality Assessment for Dogs in AAI
The conference will feature two expert plenary speakers, as well as a choice of special workshop sessions and 5 minute rapid oral presentations. A Call for Abstracts will be made shortly. In addition, several IAHAIO member organizations across Europe will give us insight into their work and latest developments.
We are thrilled to include in the registration a third day, featuring Adam Miklosi and his team presenting a new personality assessment for dogs in AAI (PADA).
This conference will be of interest to practitioners delivering AAI; AAI animal trainers; Researchers in AAI; IAHAIO members; AAI practitioners and researchers in Poland and wider Europe; managers of institutions, hospital staff and volunteers.
The cost to attend is 140 euros for IAHAIO members and 170 euros for non-IAHAIO members. This includes attendance on all 3 days as well as dinner on Saturday 20th June. We thank the Erasmus/PADA project for sponsoring the programme on Sunday 21st June.
Registration for the conference will open early March 2020. A list of accommodation and travel suggestions will also be made available then.